VISIT MY NEW TRAVEL BLOG AT www.xanga.com/jeffrysky

Thursday, April 06, 2006

At the departure hall at Changi Airport

Yes , this week has gone really well for me I suppose : the Patho viva was like the smoothest interview I have done , and I can shamelessly say they were quite impressed by my limited knowledge. ( Thanks lord I knew all the intricacies of crescenteric GN and mycobacteria ).

I packed up my stuff these 2 days , and headed for the airport. The Emirates counters were almost empty although it's like less than 2 hrs to departure. Weaving my way through the inconsiderate aunties who were blocking the entire airport departure hall at Row 1/2 while waiting for their Korean Air flight on a futile search for Bae Yong Jun. At the counter, I asked "can i have a labellll pls ? ( i was having a bit of an ulcer so i slurred my speech )

The girl at the counter : "HAH ? you want a mango ?"

I gave her a Finnair stewardess stare : "A LABEL." ( ouch the ulcer hurts )

Anyway , she was very very particular about my handcarry luggage , and said i was like 5 over kg over the limit , and said this restriction was particularly enforced for Sri Lankan flights. So she got me to open up my luggage and manually titrate out one by one ( my textbooks , my underwear , my toiletries ) till she got that "7 kg" she wanted. And her colleague was like cheering me on .. "GO For it ! Just 1 kg more .." GEEZ

Anyway , I looked around , and realised I am one of the only Chinese passengers on this late night to Colombo. YEEEK. God save me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home