VISIT MY NEW TRAVEL BLOG AT www.xanga.com/jeffrysky

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Selling my soul to NHG..

After being so touched that the NHG admin officer went all out to get free parking coupons for me (hey AH parking coupons are worth their weight in gold because they are usually guarded by a lady Sauron in baju kurung), and that he personally brought a packet of food for me to my chair during Saturday's revision lecture...

I got out my liquid paper and shifted down all my Singhealth choices lower down my priority scale in my HO application scale. I feel a bit bad coz I did have a free dinner at Mount Faber and a free movie at the expense of Singhealth.. but whenever i think of Singhealth, i think of SGH .. and SGH just feels like a very cold and distant place to me. Although SIP there wasn't too bad, but it just didn't feel right.. the doctors there felt very distant. It's like SGH is Isengard while TTSH is the Shire for me ... moreover, i am sick of eating mee hoon with egg at SGH houseman canteen...

Something in me is frightened of going into NUH Paeds with all its reputation to humiliate anyone who dares not know the 10 signs of Alagille's syndrome and the enzymes of the Kreb's cycle. Then again a part of me wants to push and abuse myself in NUH Paeds.. knowing that I will be threatened/slammed/mutiliated during the grand ward rounds ...

Anyway, I have sealed my fate and officially submitted my forms to Medical Manpower today.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi--found your blog through my standing google search for Alagille Syndrome. All I can say is that I wish all the doctors my daughter saw for the first six years of her life had been made to learn the signs of Alagille Syndrome. She was diagnosed at age six after I happened upon an orthopedist who had the honesty to tell me, "I don't really know anything about butterfly vertebrae." I googled it, brought the information to her cardiologist, and now she's getting the care she needs.

Well, I know none of that is the point of your blog. This is just to say: all the suffering a conscientious medical student goes through to learn his stuff is of incredible value to people like us.

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo james! you intereseted in paeds ar?

6:34 PM  
Blogger James Huang said...

aiyoh who is this ??

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home