VISIT MY NEW TRAVEL BLOG AT www.xanga.com/jeffrysky

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Itchy itchy panties on fire ...

Okay Day 2 Dermatology: simply not my day. period.

1. Woke up feeling a bit strange. My throat felt very dry and throaty like a URTI thingy. Must be one of those nastyChlamydiastrains going around.. My legs were beginning to itch like hell.. scratch,scratch.

2. Went to NNI for our impromptu Neuro tutorial with Dr. Lee SH. He's really a very nice examiner when he took us for cases. But wah lau it was really a wake-up call for me to buck up or f*** up -- instead of making a case of simple 7th nerve palsy, i started adding stuff like a left facial nerve palsy + 3rd nerve palsy larh + hypoglossal nerve palsy larh ... and dr. lee sh said , MINUS 5 marks for "making up signs"!! lesson learnt: don't think too cheeem. My neuro really needs URGENT resuscitation, along with paeds neuro and ortho!! Still scratching at this point.

3. After the neuro tut, i pulled up my pants in the MO room and to my horror -

Right "normal" leg


Left knee


Multiple annular angry looking lesions coalescing over my knee and thigh, and it was itching like nobody's business...
History taking time...
Any urethral discharge? Nothing except physiological discharges. And thanks, that was realllly reassuring to my dignity.

3. Returned to NSC for clinics -- besides the fact it was d-e-a-d-b-o-r-i-n-g, i managed to steal a sample of topical Elomet. I rushed back up to the library and started rubbing it furiously into my thighs and knees under the table-- and i think some ppl there were of this impression that i was doing something dirrrrty. Now logically why on earth would I be furiously rubbing steroids onto my willy-wonka -- this is mometasone 0.1% ointment, not Dermabust cream which Fiona Xie probably took an intravenous infusion of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home